Saturday, September 3, 2011

YOU CAN MAKE YOUR LIFE BEAUTIFUL by Bo Sanchez


Rating: ✰✰✰✰

Subtitle: Discover a Simple Path to Happiness

You must read this book if... 

• you are workaholic 

• you have a million problems or a million things to do 

• you are harassed by the everyday demands of life 

• you are depressed and discontented about your life 

• you are going to college and you do not know which course to take 

• you want to discover the simple secrets to having a happy life


This book is a collection of Bo Sanchez' inspiring articles about making life beautiful, which were first published in Kerygma Magazine.  

You Can Make Your Life Beautiful was written to help readers discover happiness beneath the welter of life's problems. Through his personal stories, Bo aims to make us realize that whatever situation life throws us, we can always be happy -- because the key to happiness is found deep within us. 

The stories found in this book were written in Bo Sanchez' usual style of writing: light, funny and conversational -- but punchy and thought-provoking. You Can Make Your Life Beautiful is an easy read book, thus, can be finished in one sitting.

My thoughts...

Reading this book evoked different emotions in me. Most of the stories made me laugh and smile so I was really caught off-guard upon reading the article "God Answers Prayers His Way." It made me cry! Forgive me, but I almost wanted to hate Bo for making me cry without a word of warning. To this day, just remembering the said story still brings tears to my eyes. Put aside the book Your Past Does Not Define Your Future, it was the first time I had seen Bo write an article in a heart-wrenching manner. The Bo Sanchez that we all know are always happy and jocular, but in that article, you'll realize that he's human after all -- capable of feeling so much anguish. Like always, he once again inspired me with his heart-warming words of wisdom.

I have a number of favorite articles from this book; but I gave it 4 stars only because collectively, as a book, it somehow pales in comparison to Bo's other published works (My benchmarks are Your Past Does Not Define Your Future and How to Find Your One True Love). Nonetheless, I still recommend this book to everyone.

Read You Can Make Your Life Beautiful and discover a simple path to happiness...

♥ ♥ ♥ 

Praise the LORD! Happy are those who fear the LORD. Yes, happy are those who delight in doing what he commands. - Psalm 112:1

3 comments:

  1. Zhayne,
    Thank you for sharing this book with us. It sounds marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,
    Thanks for dropping by. I love having you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello how do I download or read this book?

    ReplyDelete