Thursday, September 1, 2011

PRACTICAL INTUITION by Laura Day

Rating: ✰✰✰✰✰

Subtitle: How to Harness the Power of Your Instinct and Make It Work for You

You must read this book if... 

 you are loveless and you want to know who will be your spouse (Yes, the name of your future spouse!) 

 you want to know when you'll get married 

 you want to find something missing 

 there is a mystery from your past you'd like to solve once and for all, or 

 you have questions about your life that you want answered 

In the beginning of the book, Laura Day said something that will definitely catch the attention of any reader, "By the time you've finished this book, you will have detailed answers to your three questions. You don't need to do research, ask an expert, or call the Psychic Hot Line (a psychic 900 number)."

Before proceeding with the book, you will be asked to come up with three questions about yourself, someone you know, or someone you haven't even met yet -- questions that are important to you. And throughout the book, you will need to do some exercises, the same ones Laura Day has been using in her workshops for nearly 20 years. These exercises will help you rediscover your intuitive abilities, which will enable you to answer your three questions. Yes, it's you who will answer and can answer the three questions. 

Laura Day limited the questions that you will ask to only three so she can walk you through the exercises in an organized way; but as you hone your intuitive abilities, you can answer any other questions on your own. According to Practical Intuition, all of us are already intuitive. We are simply unaware of our intuition or haven't learned to recognize it, but we unconsciously access our "sixth sense" all the time. All of us have the access to all the answers regarding the things we want to know about life, whether we intellectually know anything about these things or not. 

Practical Intuition is a practical book, not a spiritual or esoteric book about the mystical uses of intuition. The author wrote the book to help people rediscover and develop their natural intuitive abilities so they can use it on their daily professional or personal lives. She said that gaining practical information about anything through the use of intuition, combined with feelings and judgments, will eventually help you improve your decision-making. 

Laura Day had written this book in a very friendly approach that, throughout the exercises, I felt as if I had her beside me as my personal coach in developing my intuitive abilities. It was as if I am physically present in a seminar she is conducting. Meanwhile, the book itself will compel you with anecdotes of how the conscious use intuition has made profound impact on the lives of the author and her students. Aside from a few highly technical terms, there’s nothing else I dislike about this book. 


My thoughts...


Days ago, I asked a close friend this question: "Do you have any problem that you want to share with me?" 

She answered, "Hmmm...None...None at all. Why?"


"Really? How about money? I strongly feel you're having financial problems." 

She was stunned. "How did you know?! That's exactly the problem that has been bothering me a lot these days..." 

My reply: "Intuition. My intuition told me." 

I now have stronger intuitive abilities. Thanks to this book. 

You see, prior to reading Practical Intuition, I already had astonishing experiences regarding my intuition. I had seen the births and deaths of people close to me before they happened. However, those insights from my intuition came to me out of nowhere. This got me frustrated because I had no choice but to only passively wait for intuitive impressions to arrive. I thought it would be great if I have control over my intuition so I can access it anytime to guide me in making important decisions

In the hope of finding something that will help me hone further my intuitive abilities, I started browsing around, reading articles about intuition. However, except for defining intuition, stories of intuition in action and some random tips on how to strengthen your intuition, none of those articles were able to provide a step-by-step guide in developing my intuitive abilities... till I landed on this book. 

Practical Intuition did not disappoint me. I never imagined developing my intuition would be that easy! I was able to answer my three questions; and, after reading this book, I started enjoying the advantages of being able to tap my intuition anytime to guide me in my daily life. Since reading this book, it has been my early morning ritual to ask my intuition what's in store for the day so I can have myself ready. To this day, I am still astounded every time my intuitive readings come true. Indeed, what Laura Day said is true: 


"By the end of this book, you'll be using your intuitive powers like never before."
♥ ♥ ♥ 

“If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you, for he is always ready to give bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask him.” – James 1:5

2 comments:

  1. Zhayne,
    Thank you for such a great review of this book. I hadn't heard of it before but it sounds very helpful and much like the book I've just finished writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,
    Thank you for taking time to visit my blog. Please know that you have inspired me a lot through your website Powered by Intuition (http://www.poweredbyintuition.com).

    P.S. Where can I buy the book you've just finished writing? I can't wait to read it...

    ReplyDelete