Tuesday, August 16, 2011

REFLECTION: The Place of Desperation Is the Place of God's Deliverance

I am now on the verge of desperation...Where everything seems to be closing in on me...Where I already feel powerless over the problems that seem to have contentedly piled up themselves around me...Where the intermittent onslaughts of fear seem to have taken a tight grip on my soul that it requires superhuman efforts to shake them off at times. Then in quiet solitude with God this morning, I was reassured of this truth: "The place of desperation is the place of God's deliverance." And this reassurance filled me with hope. Yes, I am nearing the peak of despair. Yes, I am almost drowning in this mire I am in. Yes, I am about to give up. But I should be glad, for these are indications that the time is nigh for God's deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment