Tuesday, August 16, 2011

REFLECTION: The One Who Comforts Best

The daylight has started breaking in, signifying the dawn of a grand new day. I could already hear the chirping of the birds like music to my ears, reminding me of the serene early morning scene in churches where only the chirping birds would dare break the silence consuming the atmosphere. I could already hear the cocking of the roosters from somewhere not so distant, and I thought I got a whiff of smoke coming from some burning dried leaves but realized I am just remembering the morning setting in the provinces I've been to, where smoke almost always accompanies the cocking of roosters. I could already feel the cool morning air embracing me and I was reminded of the times when I was getting numb because of pain, desperation and misery -- when I was desolate but felt God's presence embracing me, giving me joy, comfort, assurance and an overwhelming peace that only He can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment