Saturday, September 3, 2011

ONE-MINUTE PROMISES OF COMFORT by Steve Miller

Rating: ✰✰✰✰✰

You must read this book if... 

 you are going through a difficult problem and you are already feeling hopeless

 you are grieving the loss of a loved one

 you are nursing a broken heart

On every page of this book is a Bible verse about God's promises of hope, comfort and assurance to those who are troubled and hurting; and an accompanying brief reflection on the said scripture. That God is everything we need in times of difficulty, that no problem is too great for God and that our pain has purpose, are just some of the themes the One-Minute Promises of Comfort have covered. 

When we are going through affliction, everything in life seems meaningless and we begin to question God's love. It is when we are in the dark that we most need even a flicker of hope to keep us going. One-Minute Promises of Comfort provides comfort and encouragement in the form of God's promises that we can cling to in moments of change, disappointment, loss and worry. 

Steve Miller's emphatic and poetic style of writing could evoke every reader's emotions. Miller obviously went through difficult trials himself that he was able to vividly describe all the emotions and thoughts of someone who is undergoing difficulties. No person can inspire better than someone who has gone through the same situation. For this reason, One-Minute Promises of Comfort was successful in its intent to provide comfort to the afflicted. 

My thoughts...

Believe me, I am not someone who easily cries, but this book made me cry over and over. This book couldn't have come at a better time, for I was going through a hard trial when a friend gave me this. One-Minute Promises of Comfort consists of 143 pages only, but each page is filled with heart-warming words of comfort and wisdom. Every time I would feel fear creeping up my soul because of worry over my problem, I would always look into one article from this book and I would instantly feel a lot better. 

Every brief meditation from this book reminded me of God's promise that no matter what my problems are, I would always emerge victorious because He is always ready to give me a helping hand. This book is a reminder that all trials are God's way of shaping us so He can use us for greater works. God has great plans for me, but He has to strengthen my character first through sufferings -- because a strong character is fundamental to becoming a champion.

"When he has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." - Job 23:10

Whatever your problems are, you'll surely be comforted if you read this book. I highly recommend this to everyone.

♥ ♥ ♥ 

As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you. - Isaiah 66:13

No comments:

Post a Comment